WORTHINGTON — Gwen Post, RN, BA, is the new director of nursing and clinical services for Sanford Worthington Medical Center. Post earned her associates degree in nursing from Minnesota West Community and Technical College in Worthington. She obtained her bachelor’s degree from South Dakota State University, Brookings. She is currently attending Augsburg University, where she will receive a Masters of Arts in Nursing in Transcultural Nursing and Transformational Leadership. Her past work history includes nursing at Worthington Regional Hospital from 1989–2008, Sanford Worthington from 2008–2013 and Allina Health Owatonna Hospital from 2013–2017. She has held numerous nursing roles from LPN to RN to leader. “I am delighted to have Gwen back in Worthington as the leader of our excellent nursing team,” said Jennifer Weg, executive director for Sanford Worthington. “Her experience in a larger rural hospital is appreciated as much as her dedication to return to her home community.” “My nursing leadership dream is creating a caring environment close to home for our patients and their families that is respectful of all,” Post said. “I am excited to be back in the community to lead and collaborate with the numerous members of our community that provide the care to our patients at Sanford Worthington with the goal of promoting health, restoring wellness and providing dignity at end of life.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.dglobe.com/news/business/4266973-director-nursing-and-clinical-services-joins-swmc
You may also be interested to read
- Nursing Research Jobs - Best Practices
- Nurse Lecturer Jobs - The Critical 8 Things You Ought To Know
- For Those Looking To Further Their Nursing Career With An Msn Or Rn-to-bsn/msn Combined Option, Capella Will Offer Flexpath In Two Specializations: Nursing Leadership And Administration And Nursing Education .
- Best Advice On Getting The Job That You Want
- Land The Job You Really Want With These Tips